The Fashi…Phffff.

The fashion industry. It really isn't worth talking about sometimes.
Heroin chic, faded denim, thrift fashion it all doesn't make sense to me apart from commodification of the poor. If poor people in general, are already wearing these kind of clothes in their everyday lives, and then the fashion industry think tank decides that they can commodify cheap chinese versions at high prices to the not-so-poor by putting Agynes Deyn in a pair of tramp trousers, then what option does that leave the poor to then wear? Fig leaves? garbage bags? I am perfectly aware that the fashion industry would then capitalise on fig leaves made by chinese sweat shops. The whole circle would keep going around and around, in some dysfunctional circle until either poor society wears nothing at all - but we can't be having that, Amnesty International would be on the case immediately! Or, the poor are going to have to wear the not-so-poor's rejected House of Holland t-shirts & American apparel cast offs. Fuck! Maybe the poor are going to be quids in from this genial bullshit conveyor belt? Maybe, just maybe, I will be wearing a Johnathan Saunders suit with a Hermes cravatte while i'm putting the bins out in the morning, or chewing corn sat on my farm gate? Not that I have the slightest fucking clue what any of those names are, or do. they could produce space suits for all I know. And really, I wouldn't half mind a space suit. Space-suit-heroin-cow milking-bog snorkelling chic fashion. It's the next big thing... Come to think about it, i'm going to wear a Blogg Writing uniform from now on. I'm going to write my deep inner musings naked with my legs tied 'chicken style' behind my head whilst standing on my hands wearing half a hollowed out watermelon dripping from my perplexed head and a party blower up my arse singing walla-walla-bing-bong.

0 comments:

Post a Comment