Always. Notorious.

Still my guitar gently weeps. You better stop! before you go to far, before you make a fool out of love. So, all my memories gather round me, And what can you do? She says she wasn't put on this Earth forever, so she's gonna love as many as she can. And, what can I do? I just have to play it cool. It is feelings that are more than words, but individual freedoms are allowed and encouraged, and I hate that sometimes. Who am I to decide right and wrong? Maybe I am the only one. It's times like these, when the vultures swoop. They sniff around you because they sense your vulnerability, your anguish and bitterness at the unfairness of life, and I sense them, like entities that were once human, who exist behind a veil of smiling kindness faux sincerity. No matter how much you think you are aware, somebody somewhere will identify consciously, or subconsciously, your weakness and some will prey, some will help, I guess it's all about who you are and how the world has shaped you. It's a clear sunny day this morning, and it's going to be a stormy Monday for certain, but, I know I will prefer tomorrow, because tomorrow's just a day away. Just wear your Foghat, and take a slow ride, even if the sky is crying. Lying beside you here in the dark, feeling your heartbeat with mine. How could our love be so blind? Let's pretend we're dead, down on Alphabet street, and if we spin hard enough, like the doctors we can be two princes. But, now that you've come back, tonight and today, I need you to stay. I hate the rain and sunny weather, I don't like a thing about the city, and the countryside. You get the picture? One way or another, these arms of mine are lonely, and feeling blue. They are yearning, yearning, from wanting you. And if you're wanting, I'll be grateful. I caught your hand inside the till, but I would never slam your fingers in the drawer. So take another little peice of my heart because i'm leaving on a jet plane, and I ain't ever coming back because, someday, after a while, you'll be standing at the cross roads, and you will have your mind set on me. I think sex is overrated too, I get sick, I can't stand to be around, I just hate everything about you. Some say I've got a bad attitude, but this doesn't change the way I feel about you. I look at the floor, and see it needs sweeping. I don't know why, nobody told you how to unfold your love, or, how someone ever controlled you or bought and sold your world that I see, and notice it turning. There's a song to be found in these words, somewhere. I'm sorry you were diverted, inverted, perverted. I never elected you. Hello. Goodbye...

0 comments:

Post a Comment