Holy Fuck!!! I can’t believe the BBC sometimes.

The Aussie open is, and I say this understatedly, becoming rather
farcical. People are retiring. And, it's purely down to floppy-legged
heat stroke. I know because I've watched every match this week.
Yesterday three people retired, one admitted heat stroke - Victoria
Azarenka. She'd have been pretty dumb to say "Aww, noooooo. It's my
wrist that's hurting too much officer." When, she began talking to
herself, then lolling around like ship on the high seas,
pink-parched,covered in sweat and foaming at the mouth. The other two
claimed wrist injury, but considering their language boundaries, I
think that's what a professional tennis player recedes to when
attempting to convey exhaustion through a shagged-out game of charades.
Today, Novak Djokevic quit after going 'a bit wonky' after the
second set. He carried on a bit, then doctors had to sort him out.
Previously to this match, Zvona...whatever Russian post-kournikova
conveyor belt product you want to call her, 'beat' Maria Bartolli. I
say 'beat' because, well, she went all bandy-legged. Bartolli said:
"I was really feeling the heat after the end of the first set".
Photobucket
Now, what GETS me, is the way the whole thing is blatantly ignored.
Why? Is it for the preservation of a competition? Money?
'Professionalism'? Media 'impartiality'? I could easily rant the truth.
The BBC post game story goes: here

0 comments:

Post a Comment