My Day.

Well, that was an interesting walk. Up in the hills waist deep in snow wondering if it's pointless to turn back....Then, seeing an old old man trying his best to get his car out of the snow on a secluded country lane, shaking, and worrying. "At it f'ura bout an hour ay'av" he says, behind steamed up glasses and cateracts. He starts wandering around in a daze outside his car not really knowing which way is west, and I hold his arm and ask him to sit in his car. I don't think he knows what 'car' means anymore. So I sit him down in warmth, and walk up to the nearest farm and ask the farmer to help tow him out with his tractor "Uhhh f'ur God'sayke. Luke. I'm knot 'elpin anuther sod ewws stupid to drive therr carr down they-er." So, I call the police and ask them to pick him up. "We're on our way now Sir. Can you sit with the old man until the offisahs arrive?" So, I sit with 84 year old Jim, and his Alsation talking about career, loss, and the state of the weather. We both agree that driving in this weather is a shit idea. And he's shaking a bit less now. The offisahs arrive, and "We'll handle this from here, on your way son.." I depart in the dark and wonder why they are such, well, not very good at building public relations. And i'm home. And thinking about the view I looked down at, and the train ride I have tomorrow, and the gran visit, and the Christmas films i'm downloading, and the, and the, and the...... My feet are cold and wet and I need a shower.

0 comments:

Post a Comment